From: Mike Sanburn <mikesanburn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Call letter meanings - 75 years ago
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 12:05 AM

KHJ call sign return was a neat trick. (I think they were Kindness Happiness and Joy, 'doesn't entirely describe L.A. these days...) Often times on late night excursions to Canters deli in L.A. we drive right under their two towers, awesome site. I think I have a KXL T-shirt here for the upcoming convention/auction. The KUJ DX test in 1995 boomed in here, plus I logged them once on regular schedule. 'Logged KMO as well before they gave up those calls. 'Never did bag KTW from here.  I have a feeling that if KGY would ever run a nice mid-winter dx test, they could make it here too. Oh look, it's April already. ms