Re: [IRCA] Call letter meanings - 75 years ago

How many of those 3-letter calls do you know of currently exist on local channels, or smaller stations?  (Smaller meaning less daytime power, also could include ones with nighttime flea power or daytime only stations, just not any that have high daytime power like 50kW.)  I know of 1230 KXO in El Centro, CA, anyone else know of any others?

--- On Fri, 4/1/11, Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Call letter meanings - 75 years ago
Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 9:58 AM

Oh yes, the good ol' days of 3 call letters. I have logged and QSL'd
many of them. KTW was one I missed out on QSLing. At one time I had made
up a list of all of my 3 call letter QSLs. I was lucky to nab KRE 1400,
when the FCC gave them back their orig calls, for a short time. I got a
QSL too.
   KEX was Golden West and KGW was Pioneer. Both QSL'd in those days.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR