Re: [IRCA] Call letter meanings - 75 years ago

Re: [IRCA] Call letter meanings - 75 years ago

Here in Southern California during the cold war no less, we had a couple former AM station call signs that I always found humorous. 1) KIEV 870 Glendale CA  2) KGB 1360 San Diego CA. The former claims that the call sign was just assigned sequentially. I don't know what the latter stood for, but their FM still keeps that call sign on 101.5.  By the way, 1360 AM is now KLSD  %$#!