Re: [IRCA] IRCA ---83-78-#2 Drake R8

>>Hello Patrick . Bill in Vic BC
You mentioned KWDB 1110 Oak Harbor Wa as a station you can gat again
with your other receiver. In Victoria that station has a near local
signal and is at a fringe of reception in Nanaimo and compares to or
is better than some of the big Seattle guys from there.I'm wondering
what they are transmitting at night when they are "off air". It sounds
like a jamming audio signal because I can't hear anything underneath
like Bend OR which usually comes through if the jammer is not on some
nights but most nights the rather low volume jammer is on.I can't
desribe the sound but it"s a bit like a running truck engine.Let me know
if you can hear it during off air time which is supposed to be before or
after local sunset.Thanks . Bill Kral<<

Yes, I have noticed the sound here too on 1110 at times mainly off the
NE EWE. Not at an issue at this distance but I have heard it. I have no
clue what it is. A discussion several months ago thought it was IBOC,
but it isn't that. Strange though.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin