From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] El Cajon, CA ULR TP 2011-03-16 - audio on 1566, help w/ID?
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 9:47 AM

> 17.3.2011 13:37, Stephen Airy wrote:

I don't know how weak a signal you want Stephen, but many of the inexpensive radios (pretty much all made before the advent of the DSP ultralights) broadcast a good local oscillator signal at 450 or 455kHz above the frequency indicated on the radio dial.   If you have such a radio with an accurate digital display, then you can use that as your oscillator, simply adding 450 or 455 kHz to the indicated display.

Nick