[IRCA] Space Shuttle Skip, daytime MWDX opening??

[IRCA] Space Shuttle Skip, daytime MWDX opening??

Here`s the latest on imminent Discovery landing March 9 (which was delayed a day from the original March 8 I mentioned on WORLD OF RADIO):

DISCOVERY DEORBIT BURN 15:52 UT
KSC LANDING            16:57 UT

Discovery Given "Go" for Deorbit Burn
Wed, 09 Mar 2011 02:30:56 PM GMT-0100

Mission Control Capcom Charlie Hobaugh gave space shuttle Discovery Commander Steve Lindsey a "go" for the deorbit burn. The shuttle’s two Orbital Maneuvering System (OMS) engines will fire at 10:52 a.m. EST for two minutes, 31 seconds and slow Discovery by 188 miles per hour. Landing is expected at 11:57 a.m. at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, runway 15.

Weather is observed and forecast “go.”

Map of the landing path shows approaching from the SSW, across Guatemala/El Salvador/Belize, up the Quintana Roo coast, west of Cuba, across central Florida.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

So we are out of luck in North America for a possible repeat of the night-like MW propagation I observed during the day in April 2009 when another STS landing path crossed over the entire continent from the west coast.

However, the same effect might be observed in Central America/Mexico/Cuba today if anyone is looking for it! It could last a few hours after Discovery passes thru the D-layer.

Check normally open MW frequencies for stations beyond your normal groundwave range in the daytime, and/or unusual interference on occupied channels.

73, Glenn Hauser