Re: [IRCA] 1710 khz "The Big Q" pirate

On 19/02/2011 5:32 AM, Tim Tromp wrote:
Back again right now @ 1020 UTC with oldies intermixed with classic ads for
Coca-Cola, Remco radio kit, etc.  Coming in strong the majority of the time
with slight fading.

Tim Tromp
Western Michigan

Hi Tim .........Thanks for the tip on The BIG Q. I had them in here as well @ 0555-0606 EST.

2 Oldies Songs Identified.....

1710 THE BIG Q Pirate (Location Unknown) Feb/19/11 0555 EST EE POOR-FAIR
OLdies Music
Rubber Biscuit by the CHIPS @ 0555-0558 EST and Mr. Big Stuff by Jean Knight @ 0558-0601 More Oldies @ 0601-0606 EST...But not able to Identify Songs and HUGE DEEP Fades!!
Seems to peak on the Ultralights in an EAST/WEST Orientation from here.
ROSS, ONT.

Anybody been able to figure out where this is emanating from yet?????? I'm surprised that only a Handful of People have reported this!! It gets out pretty well at times. I think the fact that they are on the air during the Wee Hours of the morning may have something to do with few reports of hearing it. This is my 2nd Reception of the BIG Q!!

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA