Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] More greyline DX, and antenna question

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] More greyline DX, and antenna question

How long is your BOG on the ice? Here's a study I did several years ago, measuring daytime signals from both ends of an unterminated BOG. http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=371 As you can see there's some built in F/B with unterm. BOGs. I believe this is due to the fact that BOGs are quite lossy and the back end signals travel further along the wire as they reflect back to the rx. The same effect was observed in WI when I tested a 470 footer. The same effect happens with shorter BOGs, but is less since there's less loss.

Re: your logging on Lake County IL TIS on 1620. Currently I think there are 5 of these on the air. All seem in syncro and use WQBR256 calls. I am not happy to have the Lake Zurich one on now, at most 2 miles from here and ruining 1620. The one that really gets out is the one in Lindenhurst near the WI border. I can get that daytimes 60 miles north at my WI house. As for logging these at your distance and having no way to know which one(s) your hearing, just call it WQBR256 syncros and as 1 station. There are certainly other TISs using the same calls for more than 1 xmtr.

73 KAZ