Re: [IRCA] 1359 khz HET/CARRIER

RE:

Bruce,

Tnx for the tip. I hastened to check 1359 and do a 9-kHz bandscan between 0540 and 0550 UT Feb 5.

1359 certainly stands out, and seems right on by pitch, so not a variant. However, it also gives a good DF bearing of NE/SW maybe a bit more, in the 45 to 50 degree range.

A number of other carriers but all seem to be from about the same direxion (Europe/ME) despite `auroral` condx -- 1584, 1575, 1557, 1539, 1503, 1485, 1422, 1413, nothing midband, but also 783, 612, 594.

All too weak to expect any audio.

73, Glenn Hauser, Enid OK

Bruce and Glenn,

That carrier on 1359 also heard here in the North Atlantic was in all evening long , I wondered what it was also as no readable signal ever developed. Here it sounded like a very strong open carrier but with a roaring or rushing sound.

73

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland