Re: [IRCA] TP for 31Jan2011 from Victoria: sad

Re: [IRCA] TP for 31Jan2011 from Victoria: sad

Back in Victoria and I seem to have brought
Kona's sort of lackluster conditions with me.

My Sony 7600G, which had a display issue while on the Big Island,
completely cured itself after I left the batteries out for
an hour. I suppose I could have done that while there.
Seems in an LCD display that a crystal alignment or mechanical
thing can develop throwing the matrix out of alignment - all is
well now.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:09:31 -0800 Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>An odd morning though....Walt's observations seemed generally true when I
>checked also, but I also heard 774 at good strength around 1520UT (briefly), and
>after 1600UT, have had some reasonable signals on 1566 (HLAZ) and 1593
>(CNR-1//6030)...even audio traces on 1557.
>
>best wishes,
>
>Nick
>
>--
Colin Newell is the editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com, DXer.ca and BobHarris.com Amateur Radio VA7WWV - Victoria B.C. Canada | Twitter.com/coffeecrew