Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:11:19 -0500
From: Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Robert Timmerman <purdue.football@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "<amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amdx] 1520 results

Robert Timmerman wrote:
> Top 40, which is weird for an AM station in my opinion. Plenty of  FM
> stations in the area already supply that format.

They *are* an FM station, at least to most of their listeners at this
point. Like so many very small AM stations, 1520 has become essentially
a studio-transmitter link for an AM-on-FM translator.

This actually has the promise of making DXing a little more interesting,

since it's bringing some music formats back to AM. In Birmingham, WERC
960 just flipped from news-talk (now on a full-power FM down there) to
active rock as "The Vulcan 103.1," originating programming for an FM
translator.

It's something that's more than ESPN or Disney or C-to-C-AM, anyway...

Message: 2