Re: [IRCA] Opinions requested on documenting station swaps

Re: [IRCA] Opinions requested on documenting station swaps

Scott,

I used your reply as a reference here because it addresses two things.
First is that FCC's website has so little information on it that is
accessible outside the FCC that its rather useless.  Tracking applications
always results in "major change", "minor change", STA or license.  I have
not been able to view an authorization for many moons.  There is little if
any correspondence, and legal action is rare.  Even asking FCC people about
how to find info, the response has been that the site isn't designed to give
much to people outside.  If you can point me to a way to get meaningful info
from their website, I'm all ears.  Its obvious that their website frustrates
me.

Second is that I asked the question from the perspective of documenting
radio history without any regard for logging of stations.  DXers would be
interested in history to varying degrees, but the perspective may be
radically different.  The two examples I gave - as well as the one Mike
Sanburn mentioned - really highlight two different perspectives ... the
listener noticing two frequency changes, and the FCC noting two call
changes.  Please note that I am not at all dismissing the DXer point of view
(and obviously welcome that point of view since I asked the question here),
but I am trying to consider as many different perspectives as possible...as
long as they hold water.

Mike