From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of satya@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:18 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Opinions requested on documenting station swaps

My approach is, I guess, to log the actual stick in
the ground (the tower/antenna) on a given frequency.
 If the same antenna switches frequency, then for me
it would be a new station.  However, I treat call
sign changes about the same way I would treat format
changes, and note them as sorta cosmetic changes on
the same station.

The one thing I am on the fence about is where the
station gets approval for a pattern and/or power
change.  For example, KRKO-1380 up here recently went
to a jillion watts compared to what they were putting
out before, and have a new tower, transmitter and
IBOC exciter (sigh...).  Logging them now is a lot
easier than it was.  For someone in Montana, they
went from being a tough catch to perhaps a pest.
It's as if there is a completely different station
there from a DXing point of view, yet they have the
same physical location and frequency.  What to do?

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA