Re: [IRCA] Opinions requested on documenting station swaps

Re: [IRCA] Opinions requested on documenting station swaps

As for myself, I counted both KERN and KERI as new loggings at their new dial positions. I'll always think of KERN as being 1410 since they were there forever it seems. There have been so many two-way and even three-way frequency swaps in recent years that one cannot always keep track. I'll always think of KOY Phoenix AZ as the station on 550 (from the valley of the sun, as the jingle used to go.) Now they're on GY frequency 1230 where I've probably logged at least 8 sets of Phoenix call letters over the years. Perhaps putting a foot notation in your logbook of the whens, hows, and whys of the frequency swap / call swap would be the way to go.  As for KERI, they evolved from the former KWSO 1050, a religious station in Wasco CA. In recent years when KERI would sign off they would mention that they were owned and operated by KWSO incorporated.  KYNO Fresno switched from longtime dial position of 1300 to 940 recently. I think KAFY calls in Bakersfield have been on at least thr!
 ee different frequencies. What happened with KTRB Modesto almost defies logic. The only constant is change.  It's up to each DXer to keep logs in a manner that works best for him or her (keeping honesty and accuracy as the focus.) I've always kept two log books, one chronological, and one by frequency. Another interesting aspect is what if a station changes call signs, then changes back again, then repeats the process and changes back yet again. Do you keep logging it?? I dont think I would log the same calls on the same frequency twice, but I might make a note of it (such as KEZY 1190 Anaheim coming back in 1984..)