Re: [IRCA] So, How was DX in 2010?

Well, things started off well last year with logging Czechia on 639 early in January, sort of a reprise of the great fall conditions of 2009. Unfortunately, after that things were only mildly exciting much of the time through the spring. A number of loggings of an echoey Chinese on 1476 was perhaps the best springtime TP, and I believe I had Absolute-1215 heard in March, though very faint by the end of the month. Interesting TA carriers in the summer months, 783 and 1566 primarily, but never any audio.

This last fall was quite a bust compared with the year previous, especially in TAs, or in the lack of them, but even TPs really lasted only until later in October, and became harder and harder to find as time wore on...I'd say conditions have been generally poorer than geomagnetic conditions would indicate. Fall of 2009 was quite a benchmark, so it's been a rapid decline in overseas conditions.

best wishes,

Nick