[IRCA] decent this am to SA MB from ON

Got up 7:30 EST, good cx to west-central Canada - rarely heard 1220 Boissevain MB stong enough to // to a very strong Altona 950 (with weather etc. 1190 country in for more than a half hour presumed Weyburn SK (I didn't wait for an ID, heard earlier this season). Tried for 980 Regina SK, 810 Winnipeg, 1330 Rosetown SK and 1250 Steinbach MB (the latter should be //950 and 1220 but 1250 Oakville was hugely dominant). Could not raise anything under CJBC 860, either - was hoping for French // a strong 690 Gravelbourg SK.

Yesterday's SSS was all but useless. Did nab 1220 in RI for the second time ever heard (and the only time heard in absence of the two ON stations). This afternoon MI is dominant thus far, so we'll see what happens...

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON