Re: [IRCA] TP for 24 Dec from Victoria, BC

Re: [IRCA] TP for 24 Dec from Victoria, BC

Sigh!  Things are sure pretty slow this season.  I'm leaving for Haida Gwaii
off the coast of northern BC on Tuesday.  I'm hoping (eternal optimism!)
that conditions will be better up there.  I'm especially interested in the
trans-Polar route to India/ME/Central Asia and Europe.  If the A/K indices
remain low, who knows.  Last year's expedition at the same time was fabulous
with plenty of the above as well as Africa to be heard on MW.  Not expecting
the same this year for sure.  Greenland will also be in my sights.  A funny
story:  Last night I was getting great audio on 1215.  Wow, Absolute Radio I
thought.  Ready to alert the group, I started typing, and then realized it
was in SS.  What gives?  Oops, 1210 kHz.....almost pushed the send button,
but discarded the message instead.  Merry Christmas to all!  ......Walt
Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.