To: <ultralightdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 11:48 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] AM BCB hidden datastreams

Forwarding/x-posting from a utility DX group.....

Is this what we're talking about?

Washington - Dec 16, 2010 - <http://www.nabfastroad.org>NAB Fastroad
released <http://www.nabfastroad.org/AMDigitalDataSSSRpt.pdf>a report
on a new AM radio data service concept, with the potential to provide
AM broadcasters the ability to transmit low-rate data similar to what
FM broadcasters can provide using the Radio Data System (RDS)
subcarrier. This work was undertaken by <http://ibiquity.com>iBiquity
Digital and was co-funded by iBiquity and NAB Fastroad.

Called the AM Digital Data Service (ADDS), this new technology
supports delivery of low data-rate text for analog AM radio stations,
which currently have no method for transmitting data such as song
title and artist. This technology could be easily integrated into
future radio receivers.

One of the benefits of this service is that it would offer AM
broadcasters a simpler and less-expensive way to provide a limited
digital service compared to a full AM IBOC installation, which at
present is the only option.

(http://radiomagonline.com/currents/am-radio-concept-developed-1216/)

- DRA
   KB2LUM