[IRCA] SCOTTSDALE TRIP

My wife and I visited in Scottsdale, AZ 12/11-18 (staying near Exit 38 off of Hwy. 101) and I brought a Tecsun PL-380 to play with between other activities. We were in a relatively quiet area. 550, 620, 910 and 1580 were the only stations I couldn't squish to some extent. There were no rocket science discoveries but it is always fun to visit a new place and test the dial for surprises:
710 KBMB Black Canyon City - Spanish. Good days but nada at night
740 KCBS SF surprisingly good nites
750 UNID SS nites
1040 days: image from KMIK-1580 (I haven't derived it)
1040 nites: XE, "La primera 10-40" and "Mega 10-40"
1100 KFNX Cave Creek - good day and night
1160 An XE topped KSL one night
1230 KOY Phoenix - mush at night
1350 KTDD San Bernardino; I heard the slogan "The Toad"
1370 K - UNID, Asian pgmg. nite, KWRM suspected
1380 KLPZ Parker AZ good nightly w/probably more than 58 watts
1430 KLO Ogden UT good nites
1430 Asian one night, KMRB suspected
1440 KAZG Scottsdale - not discernable at night

Many XEs all over the place but time and my lack of Spanish skills prevented further exploration.

And yeah, if you must know, the 70 to 78 temps we had five of the seven days were absolutely fine.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010