[IRCA] DX Log

Location: Marion ILLINOIS, 1 hour due north of Paducah, Kentucky on I57.
Radio: Stock radio in a Ford ZX2 Car
Date: Friday December 17, 2010

4:52pm Central
1440Khz
Had the radio 1440khz and thought I'd hear semi local WIBH 1440 Anna,
IL but heard what was decidedly a classic rock/oldies tune that wasn't
WIBH's normal classic country format. The signal was buried in mud,
fading up and down slightly while American Woman played. After the
song, I heard a somewhat laidback male announcer come on and mention
the weather forecast was being sponsor by a certain business..
couldn't make out much, except a street name, a phone number and I
heard him mention the town, Cowan!

NEW LOG!!
WZYX Cowan, TN 5KW Day Non Directional/66W Night Non Directional
**************************************

6:05pm Central
1580kHz
Heard a country tune, no liner/id right into an adult contemporary
type tune. This is not really DX, it's semi local WDQN 1580 Du Quoin,
IL but it definately leads me to believe WDQN stays at 170W when they
are on their 6am to 8pm operating schedule, not dropping to their 6.6
Watts at night
**************************************
6:07pm Central
530Khz
Steady, Ok signal. Softer music and mentions of "Radio (Something)" in CUBA.
**************************************

6:11pm Central
790kHz
Heard a classic country tune above some Radio Reloj time ticks. I
assume this to be WMC-AM Memphis, TN
**************************************

6:13pm Central
830Khz
Heard an announcer mention the CBS World News Round up, then into an
ad for Lutheran Services of Minnesota
WCCO MINNEAPOLIS

6:14pm Central
850kHz
Heard the tail end of a commercial break, then an announcer mentioning
whats "coming up at 6 on 850 KOA"

I've heard KOA once before, from Marks. Mississippi but not from here.

Paul Walker
Marion, IL 62959
www.onairdj.com
www.facebook.com/onairdj