[IRCA] TP from Honolulu for 4,5 Dec 2010

[IRCA] TP from Honolulu for 4,5 Dec 2010

Moved to Waikiki and conditions in our hotel are definitely not up to snuff compared to Kauai.  I've noticed that the LSR is much earlier in Honolulu compared to Kauai, by up to 30 minutes with sunrise occuring  before 7:00 AM.  Our high rise hotel faces east, although the lanai does somewhat face the south-east.  Generally, I've heard far fewer station here.  I suspect this is more likely the result of local receiving conditions, rather than poorer propagation.  In any case, here's my paltry loggings:

4 December:  From 16:42 to 17:05 UTC

738:  fair reception 2NR Grafton
972:  poor
1017:  poor
1098:  OC +++
1116:  poor
1152:  poor
1323:  Poor to fair with English inflection.  Not sure who this would be.
1377:  poor
1521:  poor to fair with music at 16:56
1610:  Wonder if anyone has ever heard the TIS in Honolulu for the Hawaii Convention Center?  Ids as WTAZ957 with "Aloha", and mentioning the Traffic Advisory and information network, as well as their URL as www.hawaiiconvention.com.

December 5, 2010:  16:10 to 16:45 or so.

558:  poor initially, then fair at 16:40.
576:  poor talk at 16:39
612:  Fair to good at 16:36.  Brisbane.
630:  Good plus signal from Australia at 16:14.  Consistently one of the real regulars here.
639:  poor.  Possibly // to 630.  Which Australian would // Brisbane?
738:  good with music to SE.  English talk at 16:25, so 2NR Grafton.
1098:  OC +++
1116:  Good to very good at 16:30.  Australia.
1143:  Poor to fair
1386:  good reception with Hindi music to SE.  Suspect this is Radio Tarana in Auckland.
1512:  poor.
1548:  Australia with good reception except for splatter.
1575:  Poor reception to West.
1593:  poor reception.

73s from Honolulu, HI!........Walt Salmaniw