Re: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 1 Dec 2010

I note that someone commented the TP season seemed to be over. I know fall is a very good time for AM DX, but I've had some of my best DX in the winter and well into April. Is there something about TP reception from the west coast that tends to make it best from early-mid fall? or was this just disappointment at recent cx (which have also stunk at BR the last few weeks - I can't speak for this past week as I've been in Toronto and not DXed).

Saul

Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:29 AM
Subject: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 1 Dec 2010

A decent start to December, with things improved a bit over yesterday. Much like yesterday, the upper band was favoured, enjoying a peak just prior to sunset that didn't extend to the lower channels. Also like yesterday, the usual Korean powerhouse on 1566 was inferior to other high band stations.
Today's audio:
594 - Japan, weakish audio
693 - Japan, poor to fair
747 - Japan, fair
774 - Japan, fair
1521 - unID, faint audio, and also a 2nd decent carrier about 100 Hz low
1557 - Family Radio, Taiwan
1566 - presumed S.Korea, just traces of audio
1575 - VOA Thailand
1584 - Mere traces of audio here, but a jumble of carriers. Could see at least 5 on the Perseus between 1583.97 amd 1584.01, as well as presumed Palau just below 1584.07. 1593 - China's CNR1 here today, after Japan owned the freq yesterday morning.
1602 - Could just make out the NHK pips at 1500

TA's seem better on the coast than here, as all I'm hearing are a few weak carriers (1215,999,963)

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta