[IRCA] Early TA's

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Got home Sunday from Newfoundland, and I finally got the antennas connected again for home listening this afternoon. At 1555 EST / 2055z I noticed the following. Unfortunatel;y I had to leave a few minutes later. Some of these would have been new. Double unfortunately, I didn't have the Perseus set up yet, so these were on the Drake R8B.

1557    audio - FRANCE
1521    audio - SAUDI
1476    het
1422    audio - GERMANY
1413    audio - I'll guess MOLDOVA
1395-    ALBANIA with strong het below channel, weak audio
1377    audio -  FRANCE
1332    audio - music, ROMANIA, I'll guess
1323    audio - muffled talk, GERMANY likely
1251    audio - poor in slop, LIBYA likely
1242    het/weak audio - first time anything has ever been heard here
1233    het
1224    weak audio - BULGARIA, I think.  First time anything noted here.
1215    UK
1152    het
1143 het/weak audio - KALININGRAD probably. This one was a strong early arrival in Newfoundland each afternoon.
1134    CROATIA
1125    het
1116    het
1089    UK

If I'd been able to stick with this and match some Delicast or Global Tuners audio I might have had a couple of new countries, Bulgaria and Moldova. What to do? Try again tomorrow! Looks like a good time to do a spectrum grab would be 2055-2105 UTC.

At home again at 8:00 PM there are many regulars TAs in evidence: 1422, 1377, 1089, 909, 693, for example. Traces of other many TA signals noted on the Perseus screen, but nothing audible.