[IRCA] TP for 7 Nov from Victoria, BC.

Another interesting morning....I don't think signals lasted as long today; there was a bit of a grinding to a halt at around 1520UT, and I didn't stick around to see if there was anything more.  I'd heard enough by then!

I'm not sure signals were quite as strong this morning, at least on the upper half of the band (even there, a nice lift after 1500UT), yet when I look at the results, they must have been similar to yesterday.  Mostly, the quantity of DX was a function of the amount of time spent listening, and, it being Sunday, I was able to listen from 1345 until things fell apart.

Is anyone else hearing the Chinese on 1476?   There seem to be at least two there with about a half second offset, and at some points this morning they were fairly good; but for awhile before 1500UT, it seemed there was only one with music.   Faded as the hour approached of course, but I heard offset pips faintly, then CC sounding talk resumed, with obviously two signals offset again.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

594 JOAK
747 JOIB very occasionally
774 JOUB
828 JOBB
972 HLCA later on
1566 HLAZ during JJ broadcast earlier, but quickly came back by 1415UT during the CC program
1575 VoA at 1505UT, a strong fade up just after 1500

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

279 R. Rossii
567 JOIK //594 and better than 594 earlier on
945 CNR-1 man in CC //6030 at 1516UT, best of the morning, and may even have briefly been in the top tier
1206 Yanbian, very murky but strong at 1406UT
1287 JOHR  (at 1516 this was //954 with what sounded like "Amazing Grace" instrumental??)

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker

189 R. Rossii
531 //594 so JOQG
558 HLQH dominant //603, but talk underneath likely JOCR, at 1417UT
576 RR talk by woman at 1457, Mayak
603 HLSA // 558
639 CNR-1 //6030
648 VoR at 1442 in 650 splatter
819 N. Korea at 1454 w/choral mx //2850
837 CC talk 1445
954 JOKR w/JJ talk
1377 CNR-1 //6030 at 1443UT, CC talk
1476 likely China w/instrumental mx at 1440UT, and a SAH; offset pips at 1500 followed  by out of sync CC sounding talk
1503 JOUK //594 at 1511UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

585 JOPG //594 at 1431UT
621 China??
675 VoV? at 1446, big carrier
702 NHK2 //774 along with hum (from N. Korea?) which was quite strong by 1448UT
864 the big carrier delivered a little JJ sounding audio at 1411UT
918 CC inflected talk at 1455; nothing before this
981 CNR-1 likely, as seemed //6030 at 1411UT
1017 CRI //5965 at 1422UT
1134 no idea; too much 1130 splash
1242 likely JOLF?
1323 just traces, mostly a good carrier
1332 started delivering a little mx at 1458UT; JOSF?
1386 not //NHK2 at 1430; talk didn't sound CC, but pretty weak..
1422 JORF?

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

711, 855, 1251, 1278, 1314, 1359, 1557

best wishes,

Nick