Re: [IRCA] 1130 interference

I thought that this topic might have been put to bed but I'm glad that it's
still on. I'm still on this one and doing as many scans as possible and the same
thing is happening here in Nanaimo BC which is directly west of Vancouver by
close to 40 miles. A Sunday scan starting at 17:45 PDT revealed a weak KPWX
signal under a nulled CKWX signal and by 18:00 was audible under a direct CK
pickup and caused a bit of fluctuation of the two. At 18:15 KP was almost even
with CK and continued to compete with CK until power down at exactly 18:30 or so
it seemed to disappear at that time.From the Mt.Angel perspective,what are the
Spanish listeners in areas outside of that town hearing when their radios
suddenly loose a fair to good signal to nothing or almost nothing and their Mex
music is gone.Are they suddenly hearing English news from a Canadian city and
having to tune their radios to 1520 to keep on hearing their favourate songs?A
Northwest Broadcasters Recent News entry reported that the Mt.Angel,Oregon
station was (testing) with a power output of 6.5 KW,which is quite a bit less
than the 50,000 KW that CKWX quoted. Imagine a station with 50 million watts.I
don't know if that report is accurate but it might be more realistic. Since KP
was granted a license,they could solve the pre sunset skip be powering down an
hour before critical time and later in the morning.Bill in BC