Re: [IRCA] 540 in MN

I heard them briefly testing in mid-Sept. with while driving to the TCs but nothing else until today.  Noted this afternoon in Grand Rapids with an ok signal on the 200' long wire that favors the south; will have to turn off most of the noise makers (wireless modem, printer, phone, computer, etc.) to see what kind of daytime signal they actually put in here.  The QTH is Sauk Rapids, in practice, they serve the St. Cloud area although I do have to wonder how much useful night time coverage they actually have.  Their theoretical pattern is in the FCC web site; don't know how accurate that really  is tho.

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=161448

What kind of a signal do they have in Woodbury? - John S.