[IRCA] NAVTEX log

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

For all of you NAVTEX fans out there ... I fired up the SEATTY software a few days ago for the first time in a while. On 518 kHz through the night I had stations C and Q from California, but of greater interest was station J from Alaska at 1100z. I should have been doing LW beacons from that direction , except I was asleep.

For DGPS fans, here was one of the messages on Station C from California:

ZCZC CA68Q
DGPS BNM 1004-10
1. PLEASE ISSUE SAFETY BNM FOR ALL DGPS SITES. DUE TO SERVER

MALFUNCTION, NAVCEN HAS LOST CMMMENICATIONS TO AND THE ABILITY
VERIFY SITE STATUS OF ALL DGPS SITES UFN. DUE TO THE AUTONOMOUS

CAPABILITY OF THE SLT_Y THEY MAY BE OPERATING NORMALLY THOUGH
NAVCEN
CANNOT CONFIRM. USERS THAT EXPERIENCE DGPS ISSUES ARE REQUESTED
TO W__
CONTACT NAVCEN AT 703-313+5902.

NNNN