Re: [IRCA] Re Spanish music on 1130

It's more a case of KPWX sending lots of power to the north, rather than not powering down

I checked the car radio at 5:45 tonight when I left work. KPWX was already loud, and overpowered CKWX about 90 percent of the time. Much of the time, KPWX was near local strength with little or no trace of CKWX. Occasionally it faded down allowing CKWX to fade up for a few sentences. This was no small feat, since CKWX has (had?) a very listenable signal during the day here in Seattle. For the record, I'm 120 miles south of CKWX and 160 miles north of KPWX.

I rechecked 1130 at 7:25 PDT tonight and the two stations were fighting it out. At 7:30 CKWX was suddenly alone, and has been ever since (it's now 8:15), so KPWX definitely dropped power tonight.

Frome what I heard in the car, KPWX will give CKWX fits during mornings and afternoons, which can only intensify as the days get shorter. I can understand why listeners in the Fraser Valley are complaining.

Bruce