Re: [IRCA] ESPN Deportes on 1260

 Neil

At 0400 UT I had a mix of CFRN and KPOW, but at 0403 they faded down and Spanish talk took over. By 0405 it was a mix of all three with CFRN mostly dominating. My Spanish isn't all that good, but the SS station mentioned futbol among other things. I don't know if it's KWEI, but if it's them it sounds too strong for the listed 60 watts night power and too weak for the listed 10 kw day power.

Bruce

On 9/11/2010 8:42 PM, neilkaz wrote:
I read that lots of people are DXing tonite and I hope someone can check 1260 to see if either of the two listed ESPN Deportes stations, KWEI from near Boise ID or KWNX from near Austin TX are running day power at night.

CX are seem good to the west tonite for a long first hop and I don't recall KSL ever being this good and it is often creaming local WYLL 1160.

> From 2203-4 CDT it seemed that just about everything on 1260 (phase nulling the east as usual to DX west) faded and several SS ESPN Deportes promos were heard and into SS sports and faded, mostly for good. St. Louis Disney was in a big long fade and also noted have been KSGF with talk and KWYR weak with C&W with 146w night power (they stopped running day power at night a few years ago)

If this was KWEI and they are on day power it should be all over 1260 out in the NW with 10kW. If the Texan, which I don't need (caught them in AU cx) it may be harder to tell if day power.

73 and thx .. KAZ Barrington IL Phased BOG System at 273 deg R8A