Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KORC 820 Waldport OR power boost. from 1 KW to 5 KW

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KORC 820 Waldport OR power boost. from 1 KW to 5 KW

Hi Gary,

Right now with the SW EWE, peaked on 820, to null out most of KGNW, I
get KORC on top or a mix, pretty poor, but listenable.  The pot is
peaked very sharply. If KORC had more signal, I know it would be
dominant, but as Paul mentioned with KORC's short tower, they don't get
out all that well now. 1 KW is not enough power to really reach Newport
all that well. I was listening to KORC back in 2006 on my drive to
Florence to my brothers weding. 160 miles or so each way. KORC did not
get out all that well on the car radio, so I was surprised I hear it as
well as I do The 5DB in signal will make a difference. Rght now I get
most everything from Astoria, South, but 1420 Coos Bay is tough under
KITI, but there. 1230 Toledo & Coos Bay mix when phasing local KKEE or
it KKEE is off. and only KURY 910 Brookings is non existant days until
near LSS. Cresent City, CA is better than Brookings. Yes, the farther
South along the coast you are, the stronger the Bay area stations are. I
am far enough to the North, to lose the "punch" from the Bay area a
couple hours after LSR, but if I lived on the Central coast, KGO, KNBR,
etc would be more of an issue.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside Oregon
"Come visit us for the 2010 IRCA convention held Sept 24-26 at the Inn
At Seaside."