Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Friday

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your interesting comments about the Oregon coast DU  propagation.

Before our vacations in Oregon, Guy and I had a nice discussion about how
your Haida Gwaii location had a definite edge in TA and Asiatic  TP
propagation (over Victoria, Grayland, etc.) and how Patrick  Martin seemed to have
somewhat of an edge in DU propagation over  everyone else. We discussed the
unusual results of the July DXpedition to  Lincoln City, OR, in which a
humble Ultralight radio and 3' loop solidly  received many DU's that aren't
exactly "regulars" at Grayland. After this recent  3-day trip, it's easy to
become a true believer that the Oregon coast  does indeed have somewhat of a DU
propagation edge over Grayland, judging  by the 7 previous ULR Dxpeditions
that John and I made to Grayland over the  past 2 years, where we had nowhere
near the DU success that these last two  Oregon trips have produced. Guy
also plans an investigation of the DU  propagation during his current Oregon
beach vacation, and I'll be very  interested in his report. Unfortunately the
Asiatic TP's are starting to  seriously compete with the DU's now in NW
Oregon, so we may need to postpone  further investigation until around next
spring.

73, Gary

In a message dated 8/22/2010 9:32:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,