Re: [IRCA] DXer.ca internet radio - testing now...

Re: [IRCA] DXer.ca internet radio - testing now...

I think one of the respondents pegged it with "Residential cable modem users"
cannot stream audio -- and my user docs on my network confirmed this --
and yet, Nicecast - which is the software running on this Mac says that
it's server is pinging my Port 8000 connection just fine -
I will try once more and think about upgrading to the business grade
connection - it is about twice as much, but for me, is a tax deduction.

Going to run up the audio stream again at 0340 UTC - 13 minutes from now.

For some, podcasts are better - they are on demand and you can listen when
you want.

Stay tuned.

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:33:54 -0400 Rick Kunath <k9ao@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Sunday, August 22, 2010 03:14:22 pm Colin Newell wrote:
>> Running some streaming internet radio tests at
>> http://24.69.74.182:8000/listen.m3u
>
>Getting a "Host Unreachable" error here.

Colin Newell is the editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com and BobHarris.com