[IRCA] unID 1089

Hi Walt,
Hope you're enjoying a pleasant summer. Gather it's been rather dry out your way. We were out to the coast in early July, but didn't get over the island this time. I think our time pretty much coincided with both you and Nick being away in any case - maybe next year we'll time things better. Enjoyed a few days relaxation in the Sechelt area as well as visiting family in Abbotsford. Was actually hotter in Abbotsford than it's been thus far this summer here, which is quite bizarre. Haven't seen it this green here in midsummer in the 30 years I've lived here. Anyhow, to get to the point, I'm still going over Perseus recordings, and back on Oct 8th, during a great week for TAs, I had a station with Koran recitations on 1089 khz. All I've ever heard there is TalkSport (which did dominate much of the time), and the Russian from Tbilisskaya (which signed on at 0200). At about 0130 I was hearing the Koran, virtually alone on the channel, but the EMWG only lists Algeria and Saudi Arabia as possibilities, and both are listed with low power. I was wondering if you've heard anything similar in your Masset sessions? There was also a decent carrier, but never enough for audio, on 1088, that the dreamer in me would like to believe came from the listed Angola!

73,

Nigel