[IRCA] DXpedition Day 2 in Gearheart, OR

[IRCA] DXpedition Day 2 in Gearheart, OR

Hi all:

Well, I figured it couldn't be worse than yesterday, but it was!  Besides
being a little wetter, cooler and windier, the DX was even more elusive.
There were occasional periods of VERY nice audio on 738 (Tahiti) and 891
(Adelaide), brief appearances on 792 & 702, and what sounded like French
on 639 most of the morning (Fiji?) but never quite got to intelligibility.

However, on the whole it was a remarkably quiet morning for DX.  There
were occasional static crashes throughout the morning, so there must have
been some serious weather out to sea.  While yesterday there was a nice
local sunrise peak that lasted for about a half hour, today I stuck a fork
in it about 15-20 minutes after local sunrise since things just kept
getting fainter and fainter.

So, while the DX was not what Gary found last week a few miles down the
road, where he was listening to TPs on a barefoot Sony SRF-T615, it was
still great to get out and hear what DX I heard :-).

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA