Re: [IRCA] Oregon Beach DXpedition

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your comments, and I'm sure that every NW DXer would agree  that
your Masset DXpedition site has a great edge in propagation from the MIddle
 East, and Asiatic TP's.

After five DU-chasing trips to Grayland with Ultralight equipment, I
thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect in Lincoln City, Oregon-- but
certainly never expected what I got. Nothing from the DU area had ever
shown up  for me on 585, 603, 666 or 684 kHz at Grayland, but all of these had
DU signals  at Lincoln City, with 585 and 603 both seeming to have weak DU
co-channels. 738  had a Tahiti-2NR snarl that pegged the new PL-380's S/N
display reading at  maximum, and DU co-channels were pestering 639-Fiji and
657-Southern Star  almost every morning. The situation seemed pretty ludicrous
for someone  with a $75 modified ULR and 3' tuned passive loop-- but it sure
is easy to  get used to!

73, Gary

In a message dated 7/26/2010 10:40:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,