Re: [IRCA] WHKP-1450 and their Commie music format

Re: [IRCA] WHKP-1450 and their Commie music format

Don't know about their politics but did (and still do) enjoy their  music.
Had
just moved from TX to NYC and was living in a hotel on 46th Street in  '60.
A group of us used to go to the village fairly regularly after work.   They
often
played in a "coffeehouse" near Washington Square.  If my memory is  correct,
that's where they actually started to play as a group somewhere around  '61
or so.  Sometimes the nights ended up as mornings (g)  I was in  my early
30's back then, lots of good memories.  I'm going to have to look for
WHKP...

73, Mac, kr0i

In a message dated 7/8/2010 12:10:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time,