Re: [IRCA] What is going on with WVMC Mount Carmel IL?

Re: [IRCA] What is going on with WVMC Mount Carmel IL?

If WVMC-1360 is on the air, Paul Walker can easily find it on the dial from his location in Marion, Illinois, not far from Mount Carmel.

The FCC data base and Cavell-Mertz still show DWVMC, licensed to Wabash ...

StreamingRadio.com website shows WYNG (FM) in Mount Carmel owned by Withers, but does not show the AM station in Mt. Carmel among his holdings.

The WYNG website, http://www.wyngfm.com/<http://www.wyngfm.com/>, makes no mention of 1360. Nor can any mention of 1360 be found on WYNG's Facebook Wall: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WVMC-1360-AM/123900857626694?v=info#!/wyngfm?v=wall<http://www.facebook.com/pages/WVMC-1360-AM/123900857626694?v=info#!/wyngfm?v=wall>.

I have e-mailed my former boss to see if I can get the lowdown.

There may be an STA, I'm guessing. STAs don't show up in the readily available FCC data base.

Withers has a strong national presence in the broadcasting industry, and an astute knowledge of the politics of broadcasting. He was among the leaders of the movement to enable AM stations to be relayed by FM translators, telling me of that effort during our last conversation in February 2009 in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, his base location.

Here is Withers' bio from the NAB website:

http://www.nab.org/documents/advocacy/NABPACTrustees/russellWithers.asp<http://www.nab.org/documents/advocacy/NABPACTrustees/russellWithers.asp>

This broadcaster knows what he's doing.

John Callarman, Krum TX