[IRCA] DX Tips: CHSC 1220 off, tone on 730, and more

[IRCA] DX Tips: CHSC 1220 off, tone on 730, and more

I'm told CHSC 1220 St. Catharines ON has been off the past four days. I tried this morning and Cleveland yielded to Newburgh NY ("Fox Oldies 1220 & 1490") for a relog. CHSC is having major troubles up here, recently appeared before a CRTC hearing and been given marching orders for getting their act together, and soon.

Heard a tone on 730 overnight, and seemed stronger after sunrise. Seems se or nw. Underneath Montreal. Had same last week, meant to post about it. I'm guessing within 500 miles of here (Burnt River ON).

1120 in Oil City was on last night with oldies. It shouldn't be, I believe.

Graveyarders seem easy to work. Missed a few IDs by a hair, but didn't stay long at it last night as I wanted to be up early for other stuff.

The season is over - not! My new Tecsun ULR is getting a bit of a workout.

Saul Chernos

Burnt River ON