Re: [IRCA] TP for 29 Apr from Victoria, BC

At 19:01 4/29/2010, you wrote:
>Hey Nick:
>
>Unless my front yard gets flooded during a good rain, I am very
>land-locked in all directions; to the NW are the Olympic mountains and a
>bunch of other non-aquoeous stuff.  It was indeed surprising to hear
>anything at all this morning, much less with audio.

Not entirely tongue in cheek, Kevin, but I wonder if you get some sort of Fresnel effect from the Olympics?   Years ago Don Moman and I heard DU's on the "other" side of the Rockies (in the Alberta foothills) that I hadn't heard on the coast of Vancouver Island.

Nick