Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:33:20 +0000 (GMT)
From: WALTER SALMANIW <salmaniw@xxxxxxx>
To: IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] BPL in the home

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I've been to our local Costco and
found that they were carrying a BPL home system.? One of our readers
responded that he'd like more information about the unit that I found.?
Sorry, I misplaced that email (I'm in between homes).? Last night I was
back and took down the information from the packaging.? Recall that they
use 2 to 28 MHz (yuk!) and that they pass Part 15 FCC guidelines.? It's
made in Taiwan and retails for $109.99 here in Canada.? It's called the
MegaPlug AV Network Converter kit.? www.actiontec.com? on the box.?
Address of Sunnyvale, CA and Made in Taiwan.? 200 Mbps Powerline network
adapter.? No part number or anything else on the box.? Anyone have any
experience with the QRM produced by this unit?? I have no idea why
anyone would buy one of these, when there are excellent Wi-Fi routers
available (including at Costco) for 1/4 to 1/3 of the price.......Walt
Salmaniw, Victoria, BC