Re: [IRCA] Extra hour for Pre-Sunrise Aithorization?

I have wonderd about that too. Local 1440 for years has switched to non directional @ 6am year round except summer months but only @500 watts. At local sunrise is when they went up to 5kw. I do not understand that one! 73 de FTS in Woodbury, MN

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Taylor <ptdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:17:39 -0700
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Extra hour for Pre-Sunrise Aithorization?

That's very interesting because when I started my radio career as the all-night jock on WQAM-560 Miami (then a rocker) several centuries ago, we kicked up to our daytime 5kw at 4am (WQAM is 5000/1000 non-directional). Thanks to that, we had quite a few listeners deep into the Caribbean. I may be wrong but I think the DA-2 stations such as WIOD-610 still had to wait until local sunrise to switch.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010
Kiwa aircore & Palomar loops
DX398, SRF-59 & M37V
Eton E100 + Tecsun PL-300
HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS wrote:

Saw this in Indiana Radio Watch:
-----------------------

A proceeding by the FCC's Media Bureau has begun, which may give only
pre-sunrise authorized AM stations an extra hour of daytime power in
the
morning. Currently, pre-sunrise power rules begin at 6:00AM,
regardless
of what time the local sunrise is.  Under the FCC proposal, if your
Class D station already had pre-sunrise authorization, you could sign
on
with day power at 5:00AM, when some "morning drive time" shows begin.
Class B stations with pre-sunrise authorization would add an
additional
hour of daytime power (i.e. they could switch to daytime power at
5:00AM).  For more information, click here

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103306419191&s=484&e=0015vi9s1PZWgbBUkmlu

KD_Mr5VHTT5z8KKPdD8keC_kGEZq3q6HwtH1J5AWXBSuegMAqfMoLampJLmWshn8tdS649I2

vM7AeUafAQjqtLQ0P1cXQ7yiA_PwZfSQ0Rc8m0nLZ4tVWA9YY0XAnkpb9L_ACTTrvp_nR6Xi
Sz2GBe-MAM=> .