Re: [IRCA] [ultralightdx] 950 from Mexico in Toronto?

Re: [IRCA] [ultralightdx] 950 from Mexico in Toronto?

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,
This is forwarded from Saul Chernos in Toronto, who is having fun with his new 7.5" loopstick PL-380. Does anyone have any ideas what this Spanish station could be? Maybe one of Saul's buddies in London? :-) 73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA) In a message dated 4/9/2010 9:23:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    950 with Mexican music, an ID La Epa or something like that, and
    mention of Mexico. Not a bad signal, and this in downtown Toronto,
    despite noise crud, as I checked while getting ready to go to
    sleep tonight.  On my new Tecsun 380 ULR radio with modified
    loopstick. I think I'm going to have fun with this. Cx must be
    auroral...haven't really had time to check indices or e-mail or
    such, very busy with work and getting ready for a week at my Burnt
    River ON site.

Hi Guys:

I am hearing this in London, ONTARIO as well....mixing with WWJ Detroit!! It seemed to be best with an EAST/WEST Orientation....not from the South???

Id sounds like La Epa as Saul says or "LA EP-EH". Mexican Regional Regional Music and Vocals in Spanish. Accordion Music and Lots of Jingles. Also Space Sounds/Lasers Effects during Jingles???

Not sure what this is....hopefully we can ID it whether it's Mexico or in the USA. I've heard WCTN in Potomoc, MARYLAND in SPANISH lots of times at SUNSET...but not IDing like this......but it MAY be them!!

We'll see if they are heard by anyone else...or maybe a Better ID on the hour??

Thanks for the tip Saul........

73...ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA