[IRCA] LW harmonic on MW, MW harmonic on SW, wobbler

[IRCA] LW harmonic on MW, MW harmonic on SW, wobbler

In reverse chronological order, times and dates strictly UT, as originally published in DX Listening Digest, and mixed in with daily SW log postings to numerous mostly-SW or multi-band lists:

** CUBA. MW DXers have been reporting ``the wobbler`` active lately on 730 kHz, and now so do I, April 5 at 0106 check, like someone playing a musical saw, obscuring whatever stations are trying to make it on the frequency. The same has appeared previously on many other MW frequencies traced to Cuba, as some kind of transmitter defect, since there appears to be no reason to employ this technique for deliberate jamming. Indeed this looped to the southeast/northwest (Glenn Hauser, Meadowlake Park DX, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 4050, quick check at 1235 April 4, mention of Milwaukee Brewers, presumed usual third harmonic of KWMO Washington MO, as I tuned down 1 MHz from WWRB 5050 which was still Bibling (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 4050, KWMO, Washington MO, 3 x 1350, with C&W music, March 28 at 0536, better signal than usual, with some SSB and other ute QRM mostly on the low side. Still no sign of R. Verdad, Guatemala on 4052.5 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 4050, March 3 at 0608 country music audible, no doubt KWMO, Washington MO, 3 x 1350 as previously IDed with same format. Why do I keep reporting this? Because it is something which should not be there, an anomaly. More pertinent question is why many other DXers are not reporting it?

Altho 4050 is always weak and frequently not audible, the fact that it appears at all shows something is wrong with KWMO`s harmonic suppression. If this were normal, we would also be hearing countless other MW stations on their third harmonix every 30 kHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 4050-, Feb 28 at 0024, country music barely audible at peaks, no doubt once again, 3 x KWMO 1350 Washington MO. Slightly low in frequency as also previously detected (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 2366, March 10 at 0643, ``LSA`` ND beacon from Lamesa TX, with MCW IDs, seventh harmonic of 338 kHz. Altho I am sure this is it whenever audible, I laboriously tune with BFO to try to copy a definite ID, difficult because it comes thru as negative keying. For some reason, it`s readable positively on the FRG-7`s USB rather than LSB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###