[IRCA] OT: Microsoft Excel Questions

I have mentioned before that I am working on getting my Excel logs into Access. I've run into a problem of my own creation, but one I never anticipated along the way.

I've kept my dates formatted as yymmdd in my log. That was better before Y2K than it is now, as I then had to pre-format Excel not to drop the leading zero. I've kept my times in 24-hour clock format, but early on, for unknown reasons, I didn't do the lead-zero thing.

So I'm left with dates and times in formats which aren't totally consistent in Excel and may not be recognizable in Access.

My questions:

1) Is there a way to change an entire column from its existing formatting to display values only for what is there ?

2) Is there a way to get Excel to recognize yymmdd for what it is and establish that ? I've tried to custom-format it but it changes all of the data.

3) Is there a way to take an portion of a column and insert the lead zeroes in my time column ?

Thanks, and likely best to reply off-list.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id