Re: [IRCA] 1953 KVAN QSL card sells on Ebay

Re: [IRCA] 1953 KVAN QSL card sells on Ebay

Dennis,

A very interesting item to me, at least. (1) I have a QSL Card from KVAN for 9/50 reception. A lot prettier than the card shown here. Think I could get $3.00 for it :-) ?

(2) I knew Fred Van Voorhees. He was International Editor for the National Radio Club when I first joined in 1950. I'm pretty sure he attended the 1951 convention in Kittanning PA that I journied to with Bob Brown. My memory is flimsy at times but I'm pretty sure Fred was one of the very unlucky four National Radio Club Officers who were killed in an automobile accident on their way to a NRC Convention in the early fifties. Fred was a very respected dxer in his time.

Don K.
S.F. CA

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A 1953 KVAN 910 Vancouver, WA QSL card has recently sold on Ebay.

Link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160414452236

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA