Re: [IRCA] 1575-AFN (and VOA-Thailand)

810-AFN, eh? I'll have to ask John Rothmann to take a loo break or something similar. Also ask my neihbors to unplug everything they own for awhile. But a stimulating idea on the whole :-) .

Don K.

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Don,
It was fun to chase this low-powered station, even if there was no actual ID. But if you can receive 810-AFN around San Francisco, everybody (including me) will completely forget about this presumed reception of 1575-AFN :-) 73, Gary In a message dated 3/26/2010 1:10:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Gary, an  excellent catch. Nice squeeze thru the hash.

Don  K.

D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,
After the one-day appearance of the presumed AFN-Japan station (1 kw) mixing with VOA-Thailand here on Monday, there hasn't been even a trace
of it
since. Conditions the last two days have dropped off for TP-DXing, as
noted
by Dennis, Bill and  others.
After rechecking my MP3 recorder, however, I did discover that the best recording of the presumed 1575-AFN signal on 3-22 had not yet been
uploaded.
This recording of the station (on a modified Tecsun PL-380 and 7.5' box loop) mixing with VOA on Monday features the song "You Keep Me Hanging
On,"
perhaps a suitable title for rare TP-DX in March :-) _http://www.mediafire.com/?nzmyizfvdyo_
(http://www.mediafire.com/?nzmyizfvdyo)
Hopefully, 810-AFN also will pull off another rare west coast visit as
well
 (at least outside San Francisco).
73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)
original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org