Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 3-22.. 1575 kHz Mystery

At 05:35 3/24/2010, you wrote:
>Walt,
>
>You heard AFN Korea in Japan? That is a feat of its' own and my friend
>says a few miles out of town, the stations are generally gone into the
>noise. Which AFN did you hear?  They all have short antennas with poor
>grounding.

resurrecting an old thread here, Patrick.....the discussion rang a bell with me, and I just stumbled over a recording I made in Kyoto, Japan of AFN Korea on 1080, using a barefoot ICF-2010.    My gosh, maybe their antennas just don't serve the local area well, but do a better job for their non-listeners in Japan; this one was listed at 250 watts, I'll bet considerably less than  the jammer also on the channel.    (reported it to DXWWW as well, but it was heard in March 2005)

best wishes,

Nick