Re: [IRCA] 900 WATK WI new at Burnt River ON

On Sunday 14 March 2010 22:09:14 Chernos Saul wrote:
> WFNI 1070 Indy is strong tonight with CHOK on 1070. WTIC IBOC has been
>  reported off tonight.

Noted here too - I think they had to be on day pattern, if not day power.

> Most cool - 900 WATK in Antigo WI, briefly overpowering CHML at 2003 EDT.
>  A new catch here, and only 250 watts on its day pattern. I'm presuming
>  this was prior to their local sunset, as it was bright here an hour
>  earlier as I finished setting up a temporary wire more or less due west.
>
> I've never had a BOG out that direction becaudse I'm on the east shoreline
>  of Four Mile Lake. Even though my east wires have been unterminated, I
>  have long suspected they favor east versus west. This was an experiment
>  to see if west will somehow favour east. So far, it's a mixed bag, but in
>  tghe hour following local sunset I did well to IL and WI and now Winnipeg
>  is stronger than Montreal on 990, and Yorkton SA is dominant on 940 - for
>  examples.

Strangely, conditions to the west weren't all that good here, a bit farther
east than Saul.  CJGX was barely noticeable on 940, and CBW was just so-so.
On the other hand, LA signals were a bit better than usual, and there were
some excellent TAs, especially on the low end.  Algeria on 549 was
particularly outstanding, and the // on 531 was quite audible, though much
weaker.  BBC was very good on 693 and 909, and at least another dozen TAs had
decent audio, including France on 945.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON