[IRCA] Radio Maria 690 - Guatemala?

Sorry about that last blank post. Itchy trigger finger.

I've been sitting on 690 much of the night tonight, trying to navigate the Spanish dominating the channel on pretty well all my wires. Cuba's Progreso in there //640, and at least one unID from Mexico. But intriguing the last hour has been a couple mentions of Maria, and soft Spanish talk that could be religious. I've actually been working and checking the band every so often, runningvtapes when it's at a decent level. I diddn't have the recorder running, because the TOH was nothing but WLW IBOC, but about a minute later a station came in the clear and I heard a faoirly nice "Radio Maria" ID. My 2009 WRTH lists one in Guatemala. I don't yet know if there are other candidates. I can't say when I last heard this country. Does Radio maria on 690 get out much?

WELD WV is running all night, and there's an EE sports talk station mixing in.

Yorkton SA and Greenville PA dominating 940, with some Spanish, likely either of the Cuban or Mexican powerhouses, or both, not too much time spent there.

Saul Chernos

Burnt River ON