Re: [IRCA] Here's an interesting sidebar to the Haiti Disaster

On Wednesday 27 January 2010 11:16:45 John H. Bryant wrote:
> Some of us should be able to hear this, even with ultralights...
> Commando Solo is an AM band signal, likely on the lower band and,
> unlike the local Haitian stations, the equipment should be operating
> at 100% efficiency.  One of the best opportunities ever to hear
> Haiti. WHAT FREQUENCY???  This link gets to a CNN story that does not
> list the frequency.... the video clip... great to see/listen... shows
> several shots where the transmitted frequency is just off camera... RATS.
>
> Help from anyone??

The AM frequency is 1030.  I don't know what their schedule is, but it could
be only daytime, so they don't have to fight the co-channel skywave QRM from
USA, Mexico, etc.  The prospects don't look too good for hearing them, except
maybe for folks in Florida.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON